Since July 2012, a House system has been running at Carter.
There are three houses – Holmes, Austen and Hawking.
Each tutor group in each year is assigned to a different house. Students can earn house points for everything from good attendance and punctuality to academic excellence and exemplary behaviour.
Staff members are also assigned to houses and we promote a healthy competitive spirit between the different coloured teams.
Various competitions take place throughout the year and tutor groups are encouraged to enter as many of them as possible. Students are awarded house points for participating in competitions as well as winning.
During 2017-2018 the following competitions are happening:
- Handwriting competition.
- Knowledge organiser competition.
- Design a sports kit competition.
During 2015-16 the following House Competitions have taken place.
* Sports Day – Field and Track events
* School ‘Design a Christmas Card’ Competition (The winning card became our official school Christmas Card’
* Handwriting Competition where students could choose between three poems and show off their neatest handwriting
* Song Lyrics Competition where students wrote a song about ‘Britishness’ and ‘British Values’
* A Spelling Bee where students learnt various academic words and then went head to head with each other in the final
In previous years we have run Photography and Public Speaking Competitions but we like to vary the opportunities each year.